Our Response to COVID-19
As your insurance broker and risk management partner, we want to assure you that we have been monitoring the developments in the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and are prepared to help you with any questions you have. We have empowered an internal leadership team to keep an eye on the evolving situation so that we can keep you, our clients, updated.
Our top priorities are the health and safety of our employees and clients, and the continuity of our service to you. To date we have taken the following proactive measures:
We are proactively testing our work-from-home capabilities to ensure business continuity. As such, half of our team will be working from home on Friday 3/13, and the other half of our team will do so on Monday 3/16. We are proud of our continued investment in cutting-edge technology that allows us to remotely service and communicate with our clients with minimal, or no, disruption in service.
- We have instituted employee travel and self-quarantine procedures.
- We are having a professional cleaning company conduct deep office cleaning, including disinfection protocols based on the recommendations of the Center for Disease Control.
- We are postponing all large group gatherings, both internal and external, until further notice. We will look to leverage our virtual meeting technology wherever possible to facilitate communication.
- We are following the below guidelines to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and similar respiratory viruses:
- Stay 3’-6’ from those who are sick.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for 10-20 seconds after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Disinfect doorknobs, switches, handles, computers, cell phones, bathrooms, countertops and any other commonly touched surfaces at work or home.
- Avoid shaking hands, and instead offer a fist bump, peace sign, wave or elbow bump.
This situation remains fluid, and we are learning and adapting to new developments as information becomes available. As one of the industry’s leading risk management firms, Borden Perlman will employ every resource that we have at our disposal to help you prosper through these unpredictable times.